5 Weed-Related Activities While You’re Stuck at Home with Coronavirus
It’s here. The Covid-19 pandemic is pretty much everywhere in fact, and it’s just getting started. And, as the number of cases increases, so will the number of people who are stuck at home, waiting it out. Whether you’re officially quarantined, working from home temporarily, or just afraid to poke your head outside, you need something to do to pass the time. What better way is there to fill those long, lonely hours sequestered from society than making full use of all the benefits marijuana has to offer?
If you’re able to stock up on weed before you get sealed in your home, awesome. If not, maybe have a friend pop some through the mail slot, put some gloves on, and burn the bag to avoid more virus transfer. (Just a suggestion.) In any case, get your hands on some good bud however you need to, and try out the weed-related activities below to make your solitary time not only better, but maybe even fun!
1. Learn How to Make Canna-Butter in a Crockpot
That’s right. You can make cannabutter in a slow cooker, and then you can use it to make all kinds of delicious cannabis edibles. Here’s what to do…
- Cannabis flower, rosin chips, or shake
- 1 oz of rosin chips or shake or ¼ oz of flower (stems and seeds removed)
- Some kind of oil – we suggest olive oil, coconut
oil, or butter
- 2 cups
- Lecithin from soy or sunflower – order same- or
next-day delivery from Amazon if you don’t have that sitting in your cupboard
- About a teaspoon
- A slow cooker / crockpot
- A fine mesh screen or filter bag
- Grind up your rosin chips or flower, place it (or your shake) in an oven-proof container, and cover it tightly with foil.
- Bake the dish in the oven at 250ᵒ F for 35 minutes (this decarboxylates the weed so you get high when you eat the butter).
- While that’s heating in the oven, put the butter or oil and the lecithin in the crockpot and turn it up to high.
- Once the weed from the oven is done, add it to the crock pot, stir it, and let it cook on high.
- If you’re using butter, skim the solids that collect on top off to end up with clarified butter.
- Monitor the temperature carefully, and when it hits about 220ᵒ F, reduce the temp to low.
- Let it cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the bubbles on top pretty much go away.
- Pass the concoction through the mesh screen, filter bag or cheesecloth – or all three if you want it super pure.
- Put your finished cannabutter in an airtight container, pop it in the fridge until you need it, and use it to make whatever you’re craving! For example….
2. Make Weed Brownies (or Cookies, or Muffins, or…Shrimp Scampi!)
Weed brownies are almost a cliché in the weed community, but who cares? They are scrumptious and make you feel good. What could be better than that? They’re easy too. If you made the recipe above or if you have cannabis oil or butter on hand, just use that in place of some or all the oil or butter any recipe calls for. Remember that cannabis oil is usually very concentrated, so don’t go wild, but during your time locked up from coronavirus is probably the best time to experiment – ‘cause what else do you have to do?
3. Sesh with Fellow Sickies
Hey, no one’s trying to create a panic here, but all signs point to a whole lot of people getting this thing. So, if you’re quarantined, you probably have friends or family who are in the same boat. Why not get your still-healthy-enough-to-party friends together for an old-fashioned, all-day weed sesh. The human interaction will do you good, and it’s a great way to keep your mind off the deadly virus coursing through your veins! (Just kidding. It’s probably not that bad.)
4. Netflix and Bake
There are a lot of marijuana-themed movies and shows on Netflix, and there are plenty that aren’t weed-related but just fun to watch while you’re high! Here are some top picks that are available on Netflix as of this writing:
- Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke – It’s a classic and just as hilarious today as it was when it came out in 1978.
- The Culture High – Want to get deeper into the culture and politics of weed? This insightful documentary features Joe Rogan, Snoop Dogg, Richard Branson, and Wiz Khalifa, among others.
- Pineapple Express – A newer “classic” weed movie with Seth Rogen and James Franco. ‘Nuff said.
- Black Mirror – This future-based series it trippy, even when you’re not high. And each episode stands on its own, so pick one, sit back, and have your mind blown!
- That 70s Show – There are about a bazillion episodes of this knee-slapping show, based in the 1970s, available on Netflix. It will last you through your entire quarantine period if you want.
- Zombieland – If you’re high, you won’t stop laughing through this comedy take on the zombie genre. Staring Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg, and a cameo by Bill Murray.
Bonus: Netflix Movies You’ll Probably Want to Avoid While Quarantined…
- It Comes at Night
- Cabin Fever
- 93 Days
5. Meditate with These Euphoric Cannabis Strains
Being stuck inside with nothing to do sucks. But since you can’t fight it, try going deeper into it. Meditation is a great way to get in touch with your inner self, feel calmer and more relaxed, and even work on internal struggles. Add one of the strains below, and you’ll be as serene as a Tibetan monk!
- Amnesia Haze – Expect an uplifting high to kick in almost immediately and keep you there from this feel-good flower. It’s a great strain for letting your mind explore itself.
- Blue Dream – With its high THC levels (around 24% typically), potent high, and yummy flavor, this bud delivers a combination of Sativa and Indica effects but is a whole-body relaxer. A perfect meditation companion.
- Wedding Cake – This cross between Cherry Pie and Girl Scout Cookies gives you a sense of euphoria and focus while relaxing your entire body. “Bliss” is a word a lot of people use to describe how this strain makes you feel.
- Sour Diesel – Euphoric and carefree – that’s how this popular strain’s effects are often described. Although it’s sativa-dominant, Sour Diesel will dissolve stress and anxiety away like nothing else and let you get deep into your meditation.
So, there you go. 5 things to do while you’re high and locked up. Best of luck during this trying time. Try to keep a positive attitude. At least you have weed.